[OGSA-AUTHZ] Re: [AuthZ] Closing the Group

Frank Siebenlist franks at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 24 12:24:11 CST 2005

I've added the "proper" mailing list to the cc-list this time ;-)

David Chadwick wrote:

> Dane
>
> Von has asked me to chair the next meeting of the group in Seoul. I
> have agreed and already requested a meeting slot on Grid forge. Maybe
> this should be the first meeting of a new group, or perhaps the last
> meeting of the current group. Either way there is some unfinished
> business to attend to, specifically the following:
>
> i) to add obligations to the second version of the SAML Authzn spec
> ii) to add operation parameters to the second version of the SAML
> Authzn  spec
> iii) to migrate the SAML Authzn spec to SAMLv2.0 (either version 1 or
> version 2 of the SAML Authzn spec or both)

I'd like to add the XACML-2.0-SAML2.0 profile as an alternative source
for an authorization query interface that we may want to consider.
"http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/10525/XACML-2.0-SAML-PROFILE-CD-02.zip"

Even though the name "suggests" that it is very xacml specific, it can
be viewed as a generic authorization query message exchange with some
nice properties.

Regards, Frank.

Frank Siebenlist               franks at mcs.anl.gov
The Globus Alliance - Argonne National Laboratory