[OGSA-AUTHZ] SAML AuthZ Service / Web Services Security X.509 Certificate Token Profile

Von Welch vwelch at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 20 19:57:54 CST 2005

Markus Lorch writes (09:51 January 20, 2005):
 > Hi all,
 >
 > the SAML AuthZ Service document in section 6.1 requires us to
 > use the Web Services Security X.509 Certificate Token Profile
 > to encode certificate paths. I have been keeping my eyes open
 > for an implementation of this standard for the last few months
 > with no success.

This isn't technically correct as the encoding of the certificate
chain is a SHOULD not a MUST.

I just checked with Rachana and GT does not include the
SubjectConfirmation element, so no help there.

 > Do any of you know of an implementation or are working on one?
 > (e.g. for the delegation service?) Do you have other implementations/
 > standards to encode certificate paths via XML?
 >
 > Btw, the reference to this standard in the document needs
 > updating, the standard was finalized in the Spring of 2004, it
 > is no longer a draft. - There is an old "Editor's note"
 > in section 6.1.2	SubjectConfirmation Element from Von that
 > can also be taken out. Maybe this can be fixed before its
 > submitted to the editor (otherwise I'll repost in public comment)

Thanks. I don't think it has been submitted yet, I've made these
corrections in my latest version in any case.

Von