FW: [OGSA-AUTHZ] WG Last Call: Use of SAML for OGSA Authorization

Markus Lorch mlorch at vt.edu
Thu Dec 16 06:21:39 CST 2004

> > I think this is due to the fact that AuthoizationAdvice is
> > an abstract type for which instantiations of AuthorizationAdvice
> > change the tag name to e.g. SubjectAttributeReferenceAdvice and
> > this tag name thus has to be recognized directly by the
> > parser that reads the ExtendedAuthorizationDecisionQuery.
>
> I think if you write the schema properly, the parser will
> recognize that
> SubjectAttributeReferenceAdvice extends AuthorizationAdvice, and
> therefore is allowed instead of the latter. I am not sure what the
> situation is with the schema used by
> ExtendedAuthorizationDecisionQuery.

Thanks Sassa,

my comment is superfluos then if this issue can be avoided though
a different schema / different implementation. My problem was less
with the schema and the schema validation but more with how the
parser as an extension to OpenSAML is implemented. If you happen
to have an extensible example of how to do this I would love to
take a look and learn.

Markus