[ogsa-authn-bof] Shibboleth/Grid Namespace mapping for SWITCH SLCS

Christoph Witzig witzig at switch.ch
Thu Feb 15 00:19:27 CST 2007

Hi Von,

>  I believe we are nearly in alignment with our conversion algorithms.
>
>  As I see it, your uniqueInt is equivalent to my suggested use of a
> targetedId - it's a globally unique, permanent user identifier. Your's
> is scoped to the SWITCH federation as opposed to ePTID which is scoped
> to the recipient, but I'm not sure that matters.
>
>  For your Organizational component, how do you derive this string? Is
> in conveyed in an attribute or from metadata or some other means? I'd
> previously considered using the IdP identifier in this field, was
> convinced it was unnecessary, but am not against the idea.
How is the DN constructed?

The SLCS server reads the rule how the DN shall be constructed from an
XML configuration file. In this rule there are
- constant parts (e.g. DC=ch, DC=switch, DC=slcs, )
- take the Shibboleth attribute as it is provided by the IdP
- map the Shibboleth attribute to another value
- transform the Shibboleth attribute (e.g. take the hash value).

The organizational component is one of the mapped values, i.e. the
Shibboleth value is mapped to the legal name of the company (resp.
university), e.g. Shib value = "switch.ch" ==> mapped Value = "Switch -
Teleinformatikdienste fuer Lehre und Forschung".

The entry for the DNPattern is the XML file for the SWITCHslcs is:

 <DNPattern>DC=ch\,DC=switch\,DC=slcs\,mappedValue(${Shib-SwissEP-HomeOrganization})\,CN=${Shib-InetOrgPerson-givenName}
${Shib-Person-surname} hashValue(${Shib-SwissEP-UniqueID})</DNPattern>

Cheers

Christoph