[ogsa-authn-bof] Symposium on Authentication Technologies for Research and Education; IGTF5-TAGPMA12

Alan Sill alan.sill at ttu.edu
Thu Apr 22 16:48:01 CDT 2010

Apologies if this is a repeat or duplicate message; here is a revised
early-access poster.

We are writing to invite you to the Symposium on Authentication
Technologies for Research and Education; IGTF and TAGPMA 5th
Anniversary celebration and 12th TAGPMA Face-to-Face meeting Oct. 4-7,
2010.  (Based on feedback, we have slightly shortened the title of the
symposium.)

The focus remains the same - we are interested in hearing about
working solutions (like InCommon CA, CILogin, 4-Bridge Forum, USHER
and other Bridge-CA movements, Terena, EduRoam, Kerberos, Shibboleth-
based and Classic CA infrastructures) that can contribute to the
solutions for simple but effective provision of strong authentication
in research, educational, government and industrial settings -
especially those that can work to bridge the gap between the first two
and the latter of these.  We expect to arrive at or hear about
solutions during this meeting, to make progress in fostering
communication among these projects, and to provide a forum for
exchange among experts.

Talks will be short, but not unduly so, and you will be given enough
time to explain and expand on your idea or project  The audience will
be a group of people familiar with this problem and knowledgeable
about working solutions in concept or in practice that have a track
record or substantial promise for near-term deployment progress.  We
are interested in receiving feedback from those who have deployed some
of these solutions in large-scale academic, industrial, government and
research settings.

The symposium is timed to precede the subsequent 5th anniversary of
the International Grid Trust Federation and The Americas Grid Policy
Management Authority and will share an evening reception.  An
international flavor will be present in some of the talks as a result,
and the audience will consist of and include relevant representatives
and experts.

Your presence and participation in this symposium and (if appropriate)
subsequent meeting are hereby requested and invited.  Please feel free
to distribute this poster.  Thank you very much for your consideration.

Yours very sincerely,

Alan Sill, Ph.D
Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics
TTU

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Admin 233, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-742-4350  fax 806-742-4358  :