[ogsa-authn-bof] Fwd: Three interesting topics: Liberty Concordia (ID convergence) project, OGSA Express Profile work, and FPKIPA 2.0 candidate release documentation

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Thu Sep 27 11:48:01 CDT 2007

Forwarded from Mike Helm at ESNet.

Keep in mind there is substantial work going on in the context of the
OGSA-WG now on Express Profile definitions for web services
authentication information interchange.  I encourage all who are
interested in this work to attend the OGSA-WG meetings as announced
on their page on GridForge.

I am also attaching a separate document, independent of the above,
that has come to our attention with respect to the "Citizen and
Commerce Class Common Certificate Policy" (C4CP) of the Federal PKI
Policy Authority.  Although this is not an OGSA document, work done
in this area affects a lot of us and might be of interest.  Version
2.0 of the C4CP is attached.  According to is authors, "this
represents a complete re-write of the policy compared to version 1.0
(December 3, 2002)" and I hope will be useful and informative.  Keep
in mind that this is a draft, and should be treated as such; comments
and inquiries on this topic can be directed to David Cooper at NIST
and Peter Alterman at NIH (and not to me!!).

Alan

Begin forwarded message:

> ... the authentication wg and its relatives might
> be interested in this:
>
> http://projectconcordia.org/index.php/Main_Page
>
> I went to the DIDW workshop they put on yesterday.   I was thinking
> going in it was a little out of my line, but afterwards perhaps
> not.  But probably don't have the resources myself to do anything
> here.
>
> Thanks, ==mwh

Alan Sill, Ph.D
TIGRE Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics
TTU

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Admin 233, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-742-4350  fax 806-742-4358  :