[ogsa-authn-bof] Use Cases

Von Welch vwelch at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 13 13:58:35 CST 2007

> Method 2 is used by Shibboleth systems.

I believe you are referring to the name of name identifier used by
Shibboleth, specifically the transient handle.

Shibboleth can do that, it can also us a targeted identified (e.g.
eduPersonTargetedId), which is not globally unique, but consistent
for a given service provider.

> So the essence of the problem we are discussing is that we have to
> decide which system to use in a combined grid/shib system.

I think it's a little more complex than that. Shibboleth can provide
to the translating entity (e.g. a GridShib-CA) some from of an
identifier (transient, targeted) and some collection of attributes.
The question at hand is to come up with at least one profile where
Shibboleth provides a particular identifier and set of attributes and
then how those are converted to a DN, with a definition of the
semantics of that DN.

Von