[ogsa-authn-bof] Shibboleth/Grid Namespace Convergence

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Tue Feb 6 06:55:34 CST 2007

I agree with this point of view.  My personal belief is that the
existence of such a callout point is one of the chief aspects of a
workable authn system for use in grids, and is one of the principal
points missing from "plain vanilla" username/password login.
Documenting this would be an advance in authn/authz infrastructure,
and is already part of most workable grid access systems.
Additionally, it is a feature of most of the Shibboleth integration
efforts.

Alan

On Feb 6, 2007, at 6:46 AM, David Chadwick wrote:

> I believe that this is one of the connection points between the authn
> and authz infrastructures, and the name mapping should be modelled
> as a
> callable function, so that multiple different implementations can be
> plugged in underneath the interface. The interface itself could be
> implemented and standardised as a programmable API, or a security
> protocol to an external function. Either or both of these could be
> standardisation work for the OGF

Alan Sill, Ph.D
TIGRE Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics
TTU