[ogf20pc] Possible changes to overall timetable

neil p chue hong N.ChueHong at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jan 29 15:08:00 CST 2007

Hi Massimo, Dave,

> I read your proposal and I should it has still to be modified.
> - I see that the Grid Means Business (first slot) still
> clashes with the OGF-EGEE plenary
> --- As discussed in previous meetings, this is not what we
> aim for and I ask again to move it

This does seem sensible - the other keynotes are unopposed.
The question is where you move the other Grid Means Business slot.

In my opinion, if we want to get get good crossover between the OGF and EGEE
folks, we need to run parallel sessions on the Thursday. That way OGF people
would stick around on the Thursday and EGEE folks would get good interaction
with OGF.

> - I see that you use one parallel session of the usef forum (Thu
> morning) to host the GT4 track
> --- I fear it might be detrimental of the User Forum
> programme and I would refuse it. We discussed to have ~1.5
> hours in parallel (i.e. a 5th session on Thursday and this
> offer would be still valid

Would it be better if we defined the Developer Track sessions explicitly so
that people could make better decisions? Then they could run alongside the
EGEE User Forum sessions.

I participated in the GT4 Software Forum event earlier today at OGF19 and it
became clear that there were two things that could be done a similar session
at OGF20 that would be of great benefit to the community: a session looking
at community best practice for admin/deployment and something similar to
today's session, diving down in detail to some key components. Now these
could take anything from 3 hours to 3 days so one option would be to run it
at a separate co-located workshop. However, I don't think it would be a bad
thing to run it on the Thursday - it might mean people could mix and match
between Developer Track and EGEE User Forum sessions. Jen Schopf is leading
the Globus outreach including coordination for Manchester and she's around
in Chapel Hill if you want to discuss options.

My 2p - worth quite a lot in Chapel Hill at the current exchange rates :-)
Apologies if I've opened up old debates from before I joined the PC.

cheers,
neil