[ogf20pc] OGF20 community submissions for ranking

Rizos Sakellariou rizos at cs.man.ac.uk
Tue Feb 20 05:49:15 CST 2007

Dear Dave, all:

I am on the road and couldn't edit directly and email the Excel
attachment. So, i append my ratings and comments below: old good
plain text!

best wishes

Rizos Sakellariou, PhD                  email: rizos at cs.man.ac.uk
School of Computer Science                Tel:  +44-161-2756257
University of Manchester                  Fax:  +44-161-2756204
Manchester M13 9PL, U.K.             http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~rizos

Experiences Developing Health Grids in the UK
Rating: 3
I would be prepared to give a rating of 4, if the proposal
involved participation of non-UK international projects as well.
Infrastructure for Highly Interactive and Computational Steering Applications
Rating: 1
I am not sure, but i don't know on what experiences the presenters
will draw upon. Since Nazir appears to be a research student, i wonder
whether what will be included in the session will be much more than
a PhD project presentation.
Dynamic Service Level Agreements
Rating: 4.5
Interesting, focussed proposal on a "hot" topic, good interaction
with GRAAP.
OMII-Europe - an Overview
Rating: 4
Although the details of the presentation are not yet confirmed
(according to the proposal), i think this is a good match with
the criteria set.
Full Economic Costing of Condor Pools
Rating: 2
There is only UK interest here...
Rapid Application Deployment on Condor Pools
Rating: 2?
It is not clear, but according to the summary it looks like the
request is only for a 30 minute presentation...
eArts and eHumanities - eScience technologies and methodologies in Arts and
Humanities research
Rating: 4.5
An interesting topic, however, i would like to see more involvement.
At the moment it looks like it is only two sides: the TextGrid project
and the AHeSSC. More involvement would justify 2 sessions, otherwise,
this might be a candidate to reduce to 1. However, i think this
proposal relates to a very interesting and timely topic, that
should be accepted.
e-Science Themes at the e-Science Institute
Rating: 3.5
Although the theme is appropriate, i wonder whether it justifies
a workshop session...
NextGRID Architecture Workshop
Rating: 5
Certainly, a 16M euro Grid project, with large industrial involvement,
at its final year, will have something to say! The agenda looks fine.
GridWay Metascheduler
Rating: 3.5
I am not very familiar with GridWay, however, there appears to be
some activity. I would have given a higher rating if the presentations
from selected use cases (item 3) in the agenda, could be confirmed.
Evolutions of GRIDs Towards Service Oriented Knowledge Utilities (SOKUs)
Rating: 3
For sure, it is difficult to justify a 4 session workshop, especially,
if the "detailed programme has not yet been decided and the speakers
have not been verified". In addition, the agenda seems to be a mix
of different things - doesn't seem to match the title and it probably
needs to be more coherent. My suggestion, if the proposers agree, would be
to offer one session (following the same argument that i made for NextGrid),
to illustrate CoreGrid experiences and vision.
Computational steering on the Grid
Rating: 5
Good focussed proposal, international involvement, certainly of interest.
Service Level Agreements in Grids
Rating: 3.5
Certainly of interest, however, i would have liked to see more in
the agenda about presentations, to give a higher rating. It might
be worth thinking about a possibly merged, 3-session workshop with
the dynamic SLAs topic...
The Astronomical Virtual Observatory - Building Operational Services on
Pervasive Grids: Standards in Use
Rating: 4.5
An excellent proposal, for sure it makes a serious attempt to justify
the need for 5 sessions, very good involvement. It looks to me as if
everything could fit in 3-4 sessions.
2nd International Campus Grids Workshop: Continuing Interoperability
Rating: 3?
I am a bit unsure about this...
Community Workshop: Experiences of using OGSA-DAI
Rating: 3
There is nothing wrong here, but the topic might be limited in scope...
Health-e Child
Rating: 1
Not enough information. I'd suggest to absorb this into the very first
proposal...
Adoption of Grid Technologies in Astronomic Science
Rating: ?
This doesn't seem to be available from the web link. I seem to recall
there was a separate attachment, but i can't find it at the moment...