[ogf20pc] Please reply - Kick-starting the industry PC

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 25 11:42:08 CDT 2006

Dear PC member,

I have subscribed everyone who agreed to join the industry PC to this
OGF20 PC mailing list.  The next steps are to arrange the first telcons
of this subgroup and to request input.

No doubt it will be difficult to get all of us on a telcon at short
notice, so I'm offerring a choice of times; we'll go with the one that
most people can make.  If you are on the industry sub-group (i.e. I
explicitly invited to join earlier in the month), please let me know
which of the following slots you can attend:

Friday 6th October:  8am PDT / 10am CDT / 11am EDT / 4pm BST / 5pm CST

Monday 9th October:  8am PDT / 10am CDT / 11am EDT / 4pm BST / 5pm CST

Wednesday 18th October:  8am PDT / 10am CDT / 11am EDT / 4pm BST / 5pm
CST

Wednesday 18th October:  9am PDT / 11am CDT / 12am EDT / 5pm BST / 6pm
CST

In addition, please propose keynote speakers, speakers (or projects) for
sessions, topics for panels, etc.  We should also consider this from the
demand side - if we aim to spread the Grid news to a broader audience,
who would IT managers, CIOs and budding entrepeneurs like to hear?  I'll
collate suggestions but if you have a topic that merits broader
discussion, feel free to mail the list.

Note that this mailing list will eventually include everyone on the PC,
including all sub-groups.

Best wishes,

Dave Berry
Deputy Director, Research & E-infrastructure Development
National e-Science Centre, 15 South College Street
Edinburgh, EH8 9AA                  +44 131 651 4039