[ogf20pc] Draft outline for industry track

Ian Osborne Ian.Osborne at Intellectuk.org
Wed Nov 15 03:14:55 CST 2006

Dave, I've been speaking to William Fellows and exchanged emails with
Dave Wallom and I would like to target a session on Software Licensing
for the industry track at OGF 20. It's a topic which is gaining momentum
in the marketplace as end users begin to adopt virtualisation more
aggressively, and with the emergence of multi-core and server (Hardware)
virtualisation capabilities, the problems that grid has always had look
to be multiplying along several dimensions. The basic plan would be to
offer a view of user requirements for licensing models and encourage an
industry response. Its early days, but I have started a work stream
aimed at this, targeting OGF20 for a roundtable, possibly covered by a
media partner.

Be interested to get feedback from the program committee on this idea
too!

Ian

Ian Osborne
Project Director, Intellect
Grid Computing Now! Knowledge Transfer Network
www.gridcomputingnow.org <http://www.gridcomputingnow.org/>

M: +44 (0) 7793 258219
T: +44 (0) 20 7331 2054
ian.osborne at intellectuk.org <mailto:ian.osborne at intellectuk.org>