[ogf20pc] Minutes and details of next telcon

Satoshi Sekiguchi s.sekiguchi at aist.go.jp
Tue Jan 16 09:53:35 CST 2007

Dear Dave,

I'm still awake tonight :-) Once again please correct the time table
that 4pm GMT is 1am JST (my time) for the next use.

Anyway, I have read through the minute and would like to suggest
speakers from our neighbours in Asia Pacific region. Indeed, I have
already spoken to a couple of my grid venture friends in Korea,
Singapore as well as Japan who runs various grid business such as
disaster recovery (DR) service, utility computing (Grid SaaS), etc. The
business is not such large but they look very well.

When I solicited them to give a presentation in the OGF event, quite
frankly I was not prepared for the question given by them what was their
benefit up there. Yes, the OGF community may get benefit from their
precious experiences, but they don't.

In fact with such a small company but quite active to make business by adopting
grid technology, their primary focus is making money from day-to-day
business within their reach, maybe domestic. As such, they might not be
so interested in the OGF activity in general.
Since I have had very little words to convince them, I would like to ask
the folks here what to do the next. Maybe this is an open question to
all.

looking forward to talking with you shortly,
best regards

Satoshi Sekiguchi, AIST

  Satoshi Sekiguchi   email: s.sekiguchi at aist.go.jp
  Director, Grid Technology Research Center,
  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, JAPAN