[Ogf19pc] OGF19 PC Call CANCELED - Please review submissions

Geoffrey Fox gcf at grids.ucs.indiana.edu
Tue Nov 28 09:35:27 CST 2006

I previously looked at Prop 1-13 and said
I strongly oppose
Prop 1
Prop 2
Prop 3
Prop 4
Prop 5
Prop 7
Prop 10
at this stage as they are "individual" not "community" activities. Some
of these may be fine but I believe community should have priority
I do this with eScience hat on and have no problem if enterprise track wants

I would suggest in best interests of proposers that Proposal 11/12 and
13 be initially given one session each. We need to judge interest!

On Proposals 14 onwards (using label of PDF)

I similarly oppose
Proposals 15-16
It seems to me Proposal 14 (CAOPS) and 17 (SNCG) should be viewed as
"group sessions" not part of community program -- they look fine as
typical group sessions
Proposal 18 could be fine as part of Software Provider track associated
with OMII/OGSA-DAI
Proposal 19,20,22 look reasonable but best as group sessions for
approved ETCG
Proposal 21 should be evaluated by Enterprise
Proposal 23 is not a community event but individual presentation so I oppose
Proposal 24 is good but best as group session for essentially approved BTC

Ann Collins wrote:

> All,
>
> Since our last full OGF19 call, we have received 13 new submissions.
> Please see the attached document that lists all proposals by number.
> Note that the PC has approved the following.
>
> PROP1
>
> PROP2
>
> PROP6
>
> PROP8
>
> PROP9
>
> PROP11
>
> PROP12
>

> In lieu of a call today, please review all the submissions and send
> through your comments and votes for the proposals by Tuesday, November
> 28.  We will finalize the program submissions on our regularly
> scheduled Thursday call (November 30, 11am CT).
>

> Please let me or Alan know if you have any questions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ann
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Ann M. Collins
> Program Manager, Events
> Open Grid Forum
> 15700 103rd Street, Suite 210
> Lemont, IL 60439
> Phone: +1-312-895-5932
> Fax: +1-630-991-2923
> Mobile: +1-630-715-1943
> Mail to: collins at ogf.org ****NEW****

:
: Geoffrey Fox  gcf at indiana.edu FAX 8128567972 http://www.infomall.org
: Phones Cell 812-219-4643 Home 8123239196 Lab 8128567977
: SkypeIn 812-669-0772 with voicemail, International cell 8123910207