[Ogf19pc] OGF19 PC Call CANCELED - Please review submissions

Geoffrey Fox gcf at grids.ucs.indiana.edu
Tue Nov 21 11:58:05 CST 2006

I strongly oppose
Prop 1
Prop 2
Prop 3
Prop 4
Prop 5
Prop 7
Prop 10
at this stage as they are "individual" not "community" activities. Some
of these may be fine but I believe community should have priority
I do this with eScience hat on and have no problem if enterprise track wants

I have not studied Proposals 14 onwards

I use numbering of last email NOT this one as last email had a PDF

I would suggest in best interests of proposers that Proposal 11/12 and
13 be initially given one session each. We need to judge interest!

I have pinged Charlie so we can confirm as quickly as possible how many
sessions (4-8) Software Providers need. We have no proposal for this yet

Ann Collins wrote:

> Please note, the approvals listed below were either a part of a PC
> call or they were suggestions on my part to move the program along.
> Since the CFP has closed, and we have one week to send approvals out,
> I'm putting this out for last call. If I don't hear any further
> comments on the contrary by Monday of next week (11/27), we can assume
> that they pass.
>

> Also, there are a number of outstanding action items from the last
> call. I've captured them in red below. Can each owner please update
> the PC on their progress by the end of this week?
>

> *Proposal #3: Transactional Grids*
>
> ·       ACTION: Contact Geva Perry, find out more about what they will
> be presenting. Do they know what we've done in the past? Chief
> Marketing, title makes people nervous. Titles are interesting, but how
> much interesting material will there be? *Craig to contact Geva and to
> have Steve on phone call.*
>

> *Proposal #4: Secure Replication of Data in the Grid*
>
> ·       ACTION: Steve to send this to friends in Israel and see if
> they know them and see if it's a topic we can include.  Steve to find
> out what their website says about them.

Below is Proposal 6 in first email

> *APPROVED Proposal #5: The Second Workshop on Reliability & Robustness
> in Grid Computing Systems     *

Below is Proposal 7 in first email

> *Proposal #6: GRADIENT -- Grid based Enterprise Data Integration
> Framework*
>
> ·       ACTION: Keep this as a thumbs up and take action on it later.

Below is Proposal 8/9 in first email

> *Proposal #7: GIN-I: GIN and the HPC Profile*
>
> ·       ACTION: Joel, flag this as maybe something we put into a ½ day
> group session, joint between JSDL, HCPC, BES groups.
>

> *Proposal #8: GIN-II: GIN Feedback to Standards*
>
> ·       ACTION: Robert should drive this directly, talk to Erwin
> directly, Craig will send email to Robert to use as reference.

Below is 10 in first email

> *Proposal #9: How to Use Benchmarks When Evaluating New Servers*
>
> ·       Not Accepted.
>

> §         ACTION: Steven Santa Maria: Intel, Robert can find out who
> he is. Web2.0 conference?  Put on OReilly and CMP, put on list for
> potential partner list.
>
> §         ACTION: John Hurley will take a look at the Web 2.0
> conference to see if it's of interest..
>
> §         ACTION/: /Joel, track down where the storage networking
> community group is at, approach group chairs, Alan, Vincent are
> engaged in that group. They can give some enterprise-oriented content.
>
> §         ACTION: Gwen to send out list of solicitations and
> confirmations she has received for additional Enterprise content,
> outside of the Enterprise Roll-up.

:
: Geoffrey Fox  gcf at indiana.edu FAX 8128567972 http://www.infomall.org
: Phones Cell 812-219-4643 Home 8123239196 Lab 8128567977
: SkypeIn 812-669-0772 with voicemail, International cell 8123910207