[ggf-compute] Compute Area Call Today (25 Oct)

Marty Humphrey humphrey at cs.virginia.edu
Wed Oct 25 07:15:01 CDT 2006

I solicited nominations on the mailing list shortly after the WashDC
meeting. We received one nomination -- Ming Xu of Microsoft. I believe that
everyone is happy with Ming, so I believe that process-wise, it's just a
matter of my announcing that he's co-chair.

However, I have been acting as sole chair since WashDC because, frankly, I
don't believe that it's truly necessary right now to have another chair.
Ming is willing, of course, but I realize that he's busy (esp. right before
SC2006), the group has been making good progress, no "issues" have arisen,
and I've generally been able to keep up with things, I believe. In other
words, yes, I would like a co-chair, eventually, but it's not really an
issue at the moment.

OK?

-- Marty