[ggf-compute] Compute Area Call Today (25 Oct)

Marty Humphrey humphrey at cs.virginia.edu
Wed Oct 25 07:02:32 CDT 2006

Hi Stephen et al,

I can't make this call today, so here's the short note regarding the HPC
Profile WG.

The status of the WG is that we have produced our "HPC Basic Profile"
document. Our methodology all along was to create this document and then
refine it via interop testing. (That is, we believed that certain issues
would only appear when we REALLY tried to implement this).

I am very happy to report that by using SC2006 as a "forcing function", our
group is making GREAT progress. The gridforge WIKI is being used to keep
track of the progress:

http://forge.ggf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.ogsa-hpcp-wg/wiki/HomePage

We are working with OGF organizers to make a brochure for hand-out at SC2006
to advertise this effort.

Honestly, right now, we're focusing all of our group's efforts on this, so I
haven't thought that much about OGF19. We'll have a session, but I'm not
quite sure what specifically what we'll do (possibly a discussion of a
compliance doc for HPC P).

Regards,
Marty