[ogf-alumni] Information about lodging for OGF-37

OGF Events events at ogf.org
Fri Feb 15 17:57:22 EST 2013

Greetings from Charlottesville,

We have received a few email questions regarding hotel room bookings
and we apologize for any confusion about the rooms. The initial rate
quoted on the website for the Courtyard Marriott was a typo -- the
lodging information at http://www.ogf.org/OGF37/lodging.php have been
updated.

The daily rates for the hotels are as follows:

Courtyard Charlottesville - University Medical Center
1201 West Main Street
Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA

  There is a room block available at the hotel with a room rate of
$169 per night + tax. Reserve your room as soon as possible to ensure
the registration rate. Make reservations electronically at:

  * Double bedded rooms :
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/chodt-courtyard-charlottesville-university-medical-center/?toDate=3/14/13&groupCode=OGFOGFB&fromDate=3/10/13&app=resvlink
  * King bedded rooms :
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/chodt-courtyard-charlottesville-university-medical-center/?toDate=3/14/13&groupCode=OGFOGFA&fromDate=3/10/13&app=resvlink

  or reserve by phone at +1-434-977-1700. Reference "Open Grid Forum"
or Ms. Kurleen John as contact person when making reservations by
phone.

Hampton Inn & Suites Charlottesville- At The University
900 W. Main Street
Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA

  There is a room block available at the hotel with a room rate of
$139 per night + tax. Reserve your room as soon as possible to ensure
the registration rate. Make reservations electronically at
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/C/CHOMSHX-OGF-20130310/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
or by phone at +1-434-923-8600 from the US. Reference "Open Grid
Forum" or Ms. Kurleen John as contact person when making reservations
by phone.

Red Roof Inn Charlottesville - University of Virginia
1309 West Main Street
Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA

  There is a room block available at the hotel with a room rate of
$129.99 per night + tax for a standard room with a double bed and a
room rate of $139.99 per night + tax for a superior room with a
king-size bed. Reserve your room as soon as possible to ensure the
registration rate. Make reservations electronically at
http://www.redroof.com/partners/UVACSE/ or by phone at
+1-434-295-4333. Reference "Open Grid Forum" or Ms. Kurleen John as
contact person when making reservations by phone.

  Furthermore, we have also been informed that the reservation links
for the Courtyard Marriott's registration page was not working.  We
contacted the representatives at Courtyard Marriott and were told that
this was due to the fact that the cutoff date for the discounted block
of rooms was extended to February 20th 2013 and their system seems to
have malfunctioned. They assure us that they will look into it and fix
the links accordingly. We will keep you up to date with any further
progress.

For your reference, the cutoff dates for the discounted room blocks
are as follows:

 * Courtyard Marriott: February 20th, 2013
 * Hampton  Inn:       February 24th, 2013
 * Red Roof Inn:       February 25th, 2013

Please make arrangements accordingly.

Thank you for making us aware of any problems and for your patience.
We look forward to seeing you in Charlottesville in the Spring.

Warm wishes,

The OGF Event Team