[occi-wg] A Precise Model for Google Cloud Platform with OCCI

Philippe Merle philippe.merle at inria.fr
Thu Feb 1 08:10:55 EST 2018

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that our recent paper "A Precise Model for
Google Cloud Platform" was accepted at the IEEE International Conference
on Cloud Engineering - IC2E 2018.

Title: A Precise Model for Google Cloud Platform

Abstract: Today, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is one of the leaders among
cloud APIs. Although it was established only five years ago, GCP has
gained notable expansion due to its suite of public cloud services that
it based on a huge, solid infrastructure. GCP allows developers to use
these services by accessing GCP RESTful API that is described through
HTML pages on its website. However, the documentation of GCP API is
written in natural language (English prose) and therefore shows several
drawbacks, such as Informal Heterogeneous Documentation, Imprecise
Types, Implicit Attribute Metadata, Hidden Links, Redundancy and Lack of
Visual Support. To avoid confusion and misunderstandings, the cloud
developers obviously need a precise specification of the knowledge and
activities in GCP. Therefore, this paper introduces GCP MODEL, an
inferred formal model-driven specification of GCP which describes
without ambiguity the resources offered by GCP. GCP MODEL is conform to
the Open Cloud Computing Interface (OCCI) metamodel and is implemented
based on the open source model-driven Eclipse-based OCCIWARE tool chain.
Thanks to our GCP MODEL, we offer corrections to the drawbacks we
identified.

The camera-ready version is available at
https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01689659/document.

For more information, have a look at https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01689659.

Best regards
Philippe Merle