[occi-wg] A new paper related to OCCI Platfom

Philippe Merle philippe.merle at inria.fr
Thu Feb 1 08:04:06 EST 2018

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that our recent paper "Model-Driven
Configuration Management of Cloud Applications with OCCI" was accepted
at the 8th International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services
Science (CLOSER'18).

Title: Model-Driven Configuration Management of Cloud Applications with OCCI

Abstract: To tackle the cloud-provider lock-in, the Open Grid Forum
(OGF) is developing the Open Cloud Computing Interface (OCCI), a
standardized interface for managing any kind of cloud resources. Besides
the OCCI Core model, which defines the basic modeling elements for cloud
resources, the OGF also defines extensions that reflect the requirements
of different cloud service levels, such as IaaS and PaaS. However, so
far the OCCI PaaS extension is very coarse grained and lacks of
supporting use cases and implementations. Especially, it does not define
how the components of the application itself can be managed. In this
paper, we present a model-driven framework that extends the OCCI PaaS
extension and is able to use different configuration management tools to
manage the whole lifecycle of cloud applications. We demonstrate the
feasibility of the approach by presenting four different use cases and
prototypical implementations for three different configuration
management tools.

The camera-ready version is available at
https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01678945/document.

For more information, have a look at https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01678945.

Best regards
Philippe Merle