[occi-wg] Mobile Cloud Robotics as a Service with OCCI

Philippe Merle philippe.merle at inria.fr
Wed May 17 11:15:56 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am happy to announce you a new paper about Mobile Cloud Robotics as a
Service with OCCI.

The paper is available at https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01522684

Title: Mobile Cloud Robotics as a Service with OCCIware

Abstract: We have recently witnessed the emerging of cloud computing on
one hand and robotics platforms on the other hand. Naturally, these two
visions have been merging to give birth to the Cloud Robotics paradigm
in order to offer even more remote services. But such a vision is still
in its infancy. Architectures and platforms are still to be defined to
efficiently program robots so they can provide different services, in a
standardized way masking their heterogeneity. This paper introduces Open
Mobile Cloud Robotics Interface (OMCRI), a Robot-as-a-Service vision
based platform, which offers a unified easy access to remote
heterogeneous mobile robots. OMCRI encompasses an extension of the Open
Cloud Computing Interface (OCCI) standard and a gateway hosting mobile
robot resources. We then provide an implementation of OMCRI based on the
open source model-driven Eclipse-based OCCIware tool chain and
illustrates its use for three off-the-shelf mobile robots: Lego
Mindstorm NXT, Turtlebot, and Parrot AR.Drone.

Best regards
Philippe Merle

--
Philippe Merle