[occi-wg] EC consultation on cloud computing

Jensen, Jens (STFC,RAL,SC) jens.jensen at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 6 11:34:49 EDT 2016

For those of you/us/you in Europe (and don't mention the B-word), this
may be of interest:

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/consultation-cloud-computing-research-innovation-challenges-wp-2018-2020

Not sure how much weight is given to this sort of input but we might
even put something together on behalf of OGF or OCCI (use of open
standards, etc. - should I send it off to ISO as well?)  For example, in
the associated data protection document (co-authored by a few well known
suspects), Challenge 4 mentions the standards.

PS. Apropos stuff, don't forget the plugfest later this month:
www.cloudplugfest.org which has an OCCI theme as well.

PPS. I've been on leave but aim to catch up on OGF docs ASAP.

Cheers
--jens

--
Dr Jens Jensen