[occi-wg] Special Session about OCCI at Closer 2016

Wolfgang Ziegler Wolfgang.Ziegler at scai.fraunhofer.de
Tue Mar 22 14:10:18 EDT 2016

Thanks Augusto, perfect

Am 22.03.16 um 18:41 schrieb Augusto Ciuffoletti:
> Alan and all,
>
> I understand your point: in fact, the extended session we are about provides a
> place for informal discussion, and to take advantage of a conference to improve
> the outreach. Boris and Jean are available to help me, and this is encouraging.
> I am glad to know that the documents are in their final form: I misinterpreted a
> sentence in one of previous emails.
>
> Wolfgang, the session is scheduled on April 24th, from 16:00 to 19:00.
>
> Augusto

> <mailto:alan.sill at ttu.edu>>:
>
>     Hi Augusto,
>
>     Thanks for this information. A couple of points and observations are below.
>
>        1) When I suggested a special session for an OCCI WG meeting, it was with
>     the idea in mind that of course OGF sessions that result in contributions to
>     documents need to be run according to OGF IP rules, with sign-in sheets and
>     acknowledgement forms etc. in order to protect the integrity of the IP
>     process that produces these documents. Hence these are usually extra,
>     separate sessions that are not mixed with conference sessions.
>
>       2) Thijs has separately clarified that the OCCI 1.2 document set is
>     considered complete, and I believe that it is in front of the OGF GFSG now
>     for final review. Jens can clarify its exact status. If there are any
>     changes that are needed to this document set before publication, we need to
>     know right away.
>
>     My suggestion for an implementation community group would be to gather
>     people together specifically around the idea of promoting progress on OCCI
>     1.2 implementations as rapidly as possible to take advantage of the recent
>     document work. Of course, people are welcome to present conference papers
>     and talks as they like, but I was hoping to encourage a more coordinated effort.
>
>     Please let us know if you need OGF sign-in sheets for a document-oriented
>     meeting for the items proposed by Boris, and if it will be possible to
>     arrange a special session to focus on this (or on the community
>     implementation group) beyond the papers at the conference itself.
>
>     Alan
>
>>     On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:28 AM, Augusto Ciuffoletti <augusto at di.unipi.it
>>     <mailto:augusto at di.unipi.it>> wrote:
>>
>>     The tentative agenda of the extended special session follows. The time
>>     slots reserved to the four Closer presentations have been reduced to 25
>>     minutes, and thus we have time for two slots of 20 minutes each for occi
>>     1.2 review and implementations, and one 5 minutes slot for 2.0
>>     perspectives. At the end, we have time for an open discussion before closing.
>>
>>     16:00 - Introduction of the special session - Augusto
>>     16:05 - #1 Evolution of The Open Cloud Computing Interface, by Boris Parak
>>     et al.
>>
>>     16:30 - #2 Easing Scientific Computing and Federated Management in the
>>     Cloud with OCCI, by Zdenek Šustr et al_._
>>
>>     16:55 - #3 SLAaaS: an OCCI compliant framework for cloud SLA provisioning
> [...]

          Wolfgang Ziegler    www.scai.fraunhofer.de/ziegler.html
    Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)
               Tel: +49 2241 14 2258; Fax: +49 2241 14 42258

                          Public key available at
 pki.fraunhofer.de/Web-CA?operation=directory-search&name=wolfgang+ziegler

      elasticLM - Software License Technology for Grids, Clouds, SOA
                             www.elasticlm.com

  Fortissimo - Enabling Manufacturing SMEs to benefit from High Performance,
          Computer-based Simulations: www.fortissimo-project.eu

  Cloud4Health - Cloud services for secondary use of medical routine data
                            www.cloud4health.de