[occi-wg] Special Session about OCCI at Closer 2016

Jean Parpaillon jean.parpaillon at free.fr
Fri Mar 18 04:03:23 EDT 2016

Hi,
I'll be there.
Some topics I can present something about below.
Le jeudi 17 mars 2016 à 20:51 +0100, Boris Parak a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Augusto Ciuffoletti
> <augusto at di.unipi.it> wrote:
> >
> > We have a two-hours session scheduled during the conference: it is
> > our
> > session, and we can organize it in the way that better fits our
> > needs,
> > provided that the four scheduled talks take place. For instance, if
> > we
> > reduce the length of the presentations to 20 minutes (instead of
> > 30), 40
> > minutes are left for discussion, briefing or whatever. Also, I am
> > rather
> > confident that Closer would be happy to allow the utilization of
> > the same
> > room for an extended time slot (thought I'd need to check and ask
> > for this).
> >
> > So there is really the opportunity to capitalize on this Special
> > Session: we
> > just need a widely agreed definition and purpose for the additional
> > activity
> > that we want to carry out (agenda). It would be great if this could
> > help the
> > delivery of the pending documents (OCCI 1.2 and monitoring).
> >
> > A formal announcement, according with Jean's suggestion, should be
> > based on
> > a work plan: is there any plan of this sort?
> We don't have anything specific yet, but I have a few suggestions. If
> we can agree on some of them or perhaps add new ones, we should have
> enough for an OCCI WG meeting.
>
> 1.) Review of OCCI 1.2 -- summary, late feedback, status of
> documents,
> discussion on changes which didn't get into OCCI 1.2
> 2.) Implementations of OCCI 1.2 -- short & long term plans,
> forseeable
> challenges, project roadmaps
1-2 slides on OCCIware current status and roadmap.
> 3.) Extending OCCI's query interface -- in-depth discussion on query
> interface extensions, multi-location set-ups, advertising endpoints,
> etc.
> 4.) Towards OCCI 2.0 -- plans for the future, preliminary
> discussions, roadmap
Some inputs on that:
* attributes types refinment
* possible links with OpenAPI / Swagger ?
> 5.) Filtering in OCCI -- this discussion is long overdue :-)
> 6.) Transport protocol extensions -- perhaps AMQP, any other ideas?
> 7.) Rendering extensions -- for the next release, we should finally
> get XML into the standard
I've initiated that, I can present status, evolutions, ...
Regards,
Jean

> [...]
> > >
> > > Evolution of The Open Cloud Computing Interface, by Boris Parak
> > > et al.
> > >
> > > Easing Scientific Computing and Federated Management in the Cloud
> > > with
> > > OCCI, by Zdenek Šustr et al.
> > >
> > > SLAaaS: an OCCI compliant framework for cloud SLA provisioning
> > > and
> > > violation detection, by G. Katsaros et al.
> > >
> > > Beyond Nagios - Design of a cloud monitoring system (Augusto
> > > Ciuffoletti)
> > >
> > > It is my hope that this event will extend the reach of the OCCI
> > > principles
> > > to new people, especially researchers. Those of you that are
> > > going to
> > > participate to CLOSER are warmly invited to participate to the
> > > event to get
> > > in touch and reinforce a network.
> > >
> > > Augusto Ciuffoletti

> > > :
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > this is a reminder about the special session entitled
> > > "Experiences with
> > > OCCI" that we want to schedule during Closer 2016 (Rome, April
> > > 23-25 2016).
> > > The deadline for paper submission expires on February 10. If you
> > > want to
> > > report and discuss about an adoption, or propose a new
> > > application, you
> > > still have more than three weeks to put it on paper and send to
> > > us.
> > >
> > > All relevant infos are now on Closer site in a dedicated page, or
> > > in our
> > > flier.
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > >
> > > Augusto

> > > :
> > >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > there will be a special session dedicated to OCCI during the
> > > "Closer 2016"
> > > conference that will take place in Rome, near to the end of
> > > April. The
> > > session is intended to gather results and proposals about the
> > > Open Cloud
> > > Computing Interface: adoption stories are specifically
> > > appreciated, but also
> > > proposals for extensions, new applications and tools.
> > >
> > > The deadline for submission is on February, and you find a flyer
> > > with the
> > > schedule and further info at http://tinyurl.com/clocci16.
> > >
> > > Augusto
> > >
> > > --
> > > Augusto Ciuffoletti
> > > Dipartimento di Informatica
> > > Università di Pisa
> > > 56100 - Pisa (Italy)
> > >

> > > --
> > > Augusto Ciuffoletti
> > > Dipartimento di Informatica
> > > Università di Pisa
> > > 56100 - Pisa (Italy)

> > > --
> > > Jean Parpaillon
> > > --
> > > Director @ OW2 Consortium
> > > OCCIware Strategic Orientation Committee Chairman

Jean Parpaillon
im: jean.parpaillon at gmail.com
skype: jean.parpaillon
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeanparpaillon/en