[occi-wg] Special Session about OCCI at Closer 2016

Boris Parak xparak at mail.muni.cz
Thu Mar 17 15:51:36 EDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Augusto Ciuffoletti
<augusto at di.unipi.it> wrote:
> We have a two-hours session scheduled during the conference: it is our
> session, and we can organize it in the way that better fits our needs,
> provided that the four scheduled talks take place. For instance, if we
> reduce the length of the presentations to 20 minutes (instead of 30), 40
> minutes are left for discussion, briefing or whatever. Also, I am rather
> confident that Closer would be happy to allow the utilization of the same
> room for an extended time slot (thought I'd need to check and ask for this).
>
> So there is really the opportunity to capitalize on this Special Session: we
> just need a widely agreed definition and purpose for the additional activity
> that we want to carry out (agenda). It would be great if this could help the
> delivery of the pending documents (OCCI 1.2 and monitoring).
>
> A formal announcement, according with Jean's suggestion, should be based on
> a work plan: is there any plan of this sort?

We don't have anything specific yet, but I have a few suggestions. If
we can agree on some of them or perhaps add new ones, we should have
enough for an OCCI WG meeting.

1.) Review of OCCI 1.2 -- summary, late feedback, status of documents,
discussion on changes which didn't get into OCCI 1.2
2.) Implementations of OCCI 1.2 -- short & long term plans, forseeable
challenges, project roadmaps
3.) Extending OCCI's query interface -- in-depth discussion on query
interface extensions, multi-location set-ups, advertising endpoints,
etc.
4.) Towards OCCI 2.0 -- plans for the future, preliminary discussions, roadmap
5.) Filtering in OCCI -- this discussion is long overdue :-)
6.) Transport protocol extensions -- perhaps AMQP, any other ideas?
7.) Rendering extensions -- for the next release, we should finally
get XML into the standard

What do you think? Any other ideas? Something to remove/add?

> Can we envision a further
> meeting to be formally announced during the Session?
>

> Augusto

Boris