[occi-wg] [gfsg] [All-sso] EGI Community Forum 2015. Deadline for abstracts is approaching: 12 July

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Thu Nov 5 05:27:02 EST 2015

Augusto,

Congratulations on the paper!

I am just departing this Saturday back home after 2 weeks at CERN and a week of other meetings. I will miss the EGI Bari forum and meetings.

I think at least Boris will be there, and also at UCC 2015 in Limassol.  I will be at UCC 2015, but not at Bari as just mentioned.

Jens will be in Bari I believe, and others may be there also. We are interested in any progress on the OCCI v1.2 documents. I will also have two students working this and next semester on OCCI testing, and can make access to our testbeds available for any OCCI v1.2 implementation testing.

In our current environment, it is easy to get OpenStack Juno and Kilo environments for testing, and we will be working on bringing up OpenStack Liberty also. I am interested in providing templates that will allow the testbed to be populated with OpenNebula current versions and any other software stacks that have OCCI or other standards interfaces. In these testbeds, the CloudLab and Chameleon environments allow preparation and population of arbitrary software templates, and can boot bare metal configurations in single or multiple machines, either as individual collections or as multiple sets at different locations. I am hoping that providing access to these testbeds, either through Cloud Plugfests or in response to individual researcher requests, will help to speed implementations of the new OCCI v1.2 features.

Please let me know if there is something that I can do to help the folks in the OCCI-WG gain access to our testing environments.

Have a good meeting in Bari, and I look forward to hearing about any OGF + EGI progress there.

Alan