[occi-wg] Documents for OCCI rev 1.2

Stanik, Alexander alexander.stanik at tu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 24 08:04:37 EDT 2015

Dear Thijs,

I had read the Core and Text Rendering documents and found some mistakes:

OCCI Core:
- In the first sentence OCCI is defined as RESTful Protocol, but the text behind the second bullet says that the Core Model is HTTP independent. I think it would be very beneficial to keep the core model HTTP independent, which is also the advantage of having the Redering specifications in separate documents.
- Figure 2 illustrates that Category has a List of Attributes which is also specified in the text on page 7, but Table 2 does not list the Attribute's property.
- The Attribute's property "type" is in figure 2 of type String, but defined in section 5.3.2 as an enum {Object, List, Hash}. Besides this inconsistency, the type of Attributes can be everything as defined in the other specifications. Therefore I would prefer to String!?
- In table 7 the type of a mixin is Kind? This should be Mixin, right?

OCCI Text Rendering:
- It would be good to write out abbreviations in the beginning (e.g. ABNF, CRLF, etc.).
- In section 6 the first two sentences does not fit together :-)

In general, I think that the HTTP protocol can be used for examples but should not be illustrated as obligated.

Best regards
Alexander

--
M.Sc. Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Stanik

Technische Universität Berlin
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Department of Telecommunication Systems
Complex and Distributed IT Systems

Secr. EN 59
Einsteinufer 17,