[occi-wg] Typed Link Kind

Jean Parpaillon jean.parpaillon at free.fr
Fri Jul 31 04:49:53 EDT 2015

Hi all,
With Olivier Barais, in CC, with which I am working on the OCCIware
project, we would like to enhance the core specification with a way to
constrain the Category of resources pointed out by occi.core.src and
occi.core.target attributes of a link.

For instance, in the infrastructure extension, while it is specified
(and easily make sense) a NetworkInterface link must be linked to a
compute and a network instance, there is no formal way to define this
constraint.

A proposal would be to add new type of Category, sub-type of Kind, with
following attributes:
- parent: instantiated as http://schemas.ogf.org/occi/core#link
- occi.core.src.type: additional attribute, type category id
- occi.core.target.type: additional attribute, type category id

The name of this type of Category could be "TypedLinkKind".

What do you think of this ?

Regards,
--
Jean Parpaillon