[occi-wg] OCCI-notifications

Augusto Ciuffoletti augusto at di.unipi.it
Thu Sep 11 05:05:24 EDT 2014

Dear all,

talking and listening to people here during OGF42, I perceived that there
is a strong demand for a notification mechanism inside OCCI, that is able
to carry an asynchronous notification about a relevant event. For instance,
"this job is now running" from an hypothetical job resource, or "this VM is
going to shut down in 5 seconds" from a Compute.

This demand is in fact more compelling than that about monitoring, and may
be in fact integrated in OCCI-monitoring at a later time. So I'll give
precedence to OCCI-Notification.

The specification is very simple: one single link ("Notification"), and two
types of mixins, one for the triggering event, one for the triggered action.

Any "thumb up" or input from you is relevant, and I will submit soon a
proposal about that.

--
Augusto Ciuffoletti
Dipartimento di Informatica