[occi-wg] JSON specification update

Florian Feldhaus florian.feldhaus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 06:06:59 EST 2014

Hi Jean,

thanks for updating the JSON spec (in the json branch :-) ). I agree that source and target should not be repeated, but I would rather not see target and source as attributes as they represent other entities and not just basic data types. I would instead see them as properties and thus not put them in the attributes array.

Regarding the collection rendering in JSON I wouldn’t use top level arrays as there are still vulnerabilities around them in JavaScript (see http://haacked.com/archive/2009/06/25/json-hijacking.aspx/). I would instead suggest to create an object with key „locations“ and an array of URIs as value.

Cheers
Florian