[occi-wg] erocci

Jean Parpaillon jean.parpaillon at free.fr
Fri Jan 24 09:45:28 EST 2014

Hi Augusto,
There is a bug from erocci... and an error in your json file :)

The JSON file not being correct, a 400 error should be returned instead
of 500. This is the bug.

>From the JSON file, there is a missing comma ',' after occi.core.title
value. Plus, after discussing on the maillist about JSON rendering, I've
implemented the JSON format as described in the spec (while I was using
the JSON format from C.One project which is different :/). I'm sorry for
that, but this is the price of using a draft representation :P

Hence, the correct JSON file should be as attached.
I removed "id" from the attributes but I think the specification is not
clear: when POST'ing a resource, should the id be specified, then:
- if the id is specified and the resource exists, what should be the
answer,
- if the id is not specified, what is the server's behaviour ?

My implementation is:
- both POST'ing and PUT'ing resources do not need id
- POST generates a uuid which is returned, prepending the category path.
For instance:
POST /compute/ -> /compute/xxxxxxxxx
- PUT, of course, does not need an id as it is the full path of the url.

Cheers,
Jean

--
Jean Parpaillon