[occi-wg] Talk and paper on hypermedia in design

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Mon Apr 7 11:26:32 EDT 2014

OCCI folks,

I ran into the following paper, also presented as a talk at WS-REST this weekend, and thought you might like to see it.  I'd be interested in your response!

Paper:
Pragmatic Hypermedia: Creating a Generic, Self-Inflating API Client for Production Use
by Pete Gamache, Localytics, Inc. Boston, Massachusetts, USA

http://petegamache.com/wsrest2014-gamache.pdf

Talk:
Better Laziness Though Hypermedia

http://petegamache.com/wsrest2014-gamache-slides.pdf

In general, I heard a thread running through the conference of "%$^&*() the API; we just want good libraries." I thought that was a bit disturbing and short-sighted, but understandable, and perhaps could be cured by a better design pattern. Hypermedia seems to be one [possible contributor to better design. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Alan