[occi-wg] Fwd: Re: XML for OCCI

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Thu Sep 26 15:03:28 EDT 2013

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:11:39 +0200, Jean Parpaillon
<jean.parpaillon at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>
> Le 24/09/2013 13:36, Ralf Nyren a écrit :
>> I think it would be really cool to have an XML data-format for OCCI :)
>>
>> Priority wise I would like to see the protocol vs data-format split
>> first
>> though.
>
> Is there some draft on that topic ?

Not anything in draft status yet but there is a start in the
"protocol-data-format-split" branch.

> I have some (early) draft about OCCI use with XMPP protocol. I may try
> to propose some ideas when I will implement the XML rendering on HTTP
> and XMPP.
> What other protocol are you thinking about ? websocket ?

The first thing would be to split up the current http_rendering into two
documents, one describing purely the HTTP protocol parts and the other
describing the text/plain data-format. This makes the whole thing
decoupled so that new data-formats like e.g. JSON and XML can be added
without the risk of creating incompatibilities at the HTTP layer.

regards, Ralf