[occi-wg] OCCI Core/Rendering feedback

Augusto Ciuffoletti augusto at di.unipi.it
Mon Sep 23 10:59:23 EDT 2013

I'm not following this group from the very beginning, and I do not remember
a discussion about XML as a rendering option. Maybe Andy or Thijs have a
record about this. JSON appears as more compact wrt XML, but probably XML
has a richer set of utilities and is overall more established: any other
relevant difference? There is an ongoing effort on a JSON rendering.

I think that schemas are unable to capture certain semantic aspects of OCCI
specs, so their application, while useful, is not sufficient. Certainly the
availability of libraries for navigating complex/deep structures is
relevant.