[occi-wg] testdyso --> doyouspeakocci (and please join project)

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Fri Sep 20 23:37:31 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I've redeployed Alexander's "Do You Speak OCCI?" tester at http://testdyso.appspot.com while we try to figure out why the old "doyouspeakocci" name seems no longer to be available to him or to anyone else. This is the same as the current source available at https://github.com/lxndrp/doyouspeakocci with only the application name changed.

Using it in practice has shown that while it is still really useful, it could use some more robust error condition flagging and reporting, for example trapping when the remote server fails to return location headers or replies with deprecated "X-..." ones as in the example that we ran into today.  It is also useful locally - just download it, change as needed and deploy in your own local GoogleAppEngine Launcher. That way you can look at the logs locally, even more useful than running it on the web.

Feel free to join the project at the source link above, add yourself to the mailing list, etc. I will probably turn some students at TTU loose on it as a learning exercise once things get a little further along. Just remember that the application name on appspot has changed for now.

Alan