[occi-wg] XML for monitoring

Jean Parpaillon jean.parpaillon at free.fr
Wed Oct 2 11:57:57 EDT 2013

Hi Augusto and all,
Thank you for the contribution.
I have pushed the XML file with some modifications in the
xml-data-format branch of git repository, along with Infrastructure
extension , for examples.

Summary of the changes:
- added namespace and schema declarations : occi and xs
- scheme and term syntax: I don't know if it mandatory, but scheme
usually end with '#', while both scheme and term are lowercase.
- wrt/ recent changes in OCCI Core spec, I've changed occi:kind>occi:rel
element to occi:kind>occi:parent
- fixed the inversion of minOccurs and maxOccurs. This makes me think
I've defined 'required' attribute for attribute element and also
min/maxOccurs: this is redundant. I'd better remove 'required'.
- location attribute of a kind/mixin element is defined by the
implementation, not the specification, if I understand correctly. So I
removed it from the spec.
- the 'use' attribute for kind/mixin element indicates if the category
MUST be defined by the implementation or SHOULD be defined.

Your comments are welcome, the XML schema is still moving :)

Regards,
Jean