[occi-wg] Fwd: [CompatibleOne] 2013 & Beyond Worshop Meeting 11 July REPORT

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Tue Jul 16 12:15:46 EDT 2013

Thanks, all!

I encourage everyone to review the process, which is actually fairly light but nonetheless requires understanding, for preparing an OGF proposed recommendation or any other type of OGF document. This process is summarized briefly at following link:

http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/editor/wiki/About_OGF_Documents

It contains a link to the full process as explained on OGF GFD.152.

I also would like to encourage the OCCI-WG in general to consider advancing the OCCI core, infrastructure and HTTP rendering documents to the next level (Recommendation), which requires documentation of several implementations and (preferably) revision of the specification to incorporate lessons learned in the Proposed Recommendation stage based on feedback from these implementations.

The format for documenting implementations can take a wide range of forms, but is most useful in general to the working group if it is in a form that captures points from that experience that lead to motivations to update, refine or change the spec.

Given the importance of the above OCCI specs to any further work on monitoring, SLA support, and/or application to other service levels I think it would be good to see progress on documents in this series to go along with and to help support other additional documents that may build on or extend the base OCCI series. And while it's great to see the progress in the context of CompatibleOne, we also hope to promote standards and approaches that others can adopt as well.

Let us know what if anything others in the OGF community can do to help support this effort. Examples might include scheduling work group sessions at OGF meetings and associated plugfests and workshops, adjusting pages in the OGF Redmine space or providing repositories beyond the ones already provide to the appropriate work groups, promoting interoperability events, etc.

Finally, informational and experience documents, etc. are just as welcome as formal proposed standard recommendations - see the discussion on different types of documents at the link above.

With very best regards,
Alan