[occi-wg] OGF-40 WG sessions for OCCI

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Tue Dec 17 15:41:13 EST 2013

Dear OCCI WG members,

As you saw, the registration, venue and lodging information has been posted for the OGF 40 meeting 15-17 January in Oxford.

This is immediately after the EGI Federated Cloud face-to-face meeting also in Oxford Monday and Tuesday of that same week, so this meeting should be of interest to the members of the OCCI working group.  I would like to encourage you to take advantage of the opportunity to meet at this location.

Here's what we know about the schedule so far.

 - Six WG sessions (so at least 1 1/2 days) have been requested by NSI
 - Two working sessions have been requested by NML
 - Two working sessions have been requested by CAOPS
 - A special DFDL demo and presentation will probably be scheduled for Thursday

Beyond this, I have sent an appeal to the area directors to get in contact with their groups ASAP so that a schedule can be posted. Thijs or Andy should be able to make a request on behalf of the group, and we are open to BOFs, plugfests, working group sessions etc. during the conference.

The call for session proposals for you to add session requests is here:

 - http://www.ogf.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/events/ogf-40/call_for_session_proposals

And the list of sessions requested so far is here: http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/ogf-40/issues

Please discuss among your group and get in touch with us and fill out a request so that a schedule can be posted!

Thanks,
Alan Sill
VP of Standards
OGF