[occi-wg] About the OCCI compliance testsuite

Gabriele Giammatteo gabriele.giammatteo at eng.it
Tue Dec 10 05:30:12 EST 2013

Dear Occi-Wg members,
    this is my first email to the mailinglist, let me introduce myself.
I'm Gabriele Giammatteo and I'm a researcher in the cloud technologies
field at Engineering Group [0]. I and my colleague Roberto Ciotti are
currently working in an EU research project [1] where we have some
resources to develop compliance tools for cloud standards.

We are looking at OCCI as first standard to cover and at the testsuite
included in the occi-wg repository [2] as codebase for developing a
compliance tool.

We are willing to contribute to extend/complete this testsuite if
needed, but before, being new to this group, I'd like to ask some
questions to know the status and the "history" of this testsuite.

a) I can see that last relevant commit on the code [3] is about two
years old. Is this code abandoned or its development is complete? Or the
development is continuing in another repository?

b) The set of tests defined covers already all aspects of the standard
or there is room for new tests? If yes, which ones could be the most
interesting to implement?

c) Is anybody currently doing (or planning to do) any further
development on it? We could be in touch in order to coordinate the efforts.

d) Do you have any suggestion for improvements/new tests we can start from?

Thank you very much in advance for your replies, and, of course any
additional comment and/or suggestion is more than welcome!

Best Regards,
Gabriele Giammatteo
Roberto Ciotti

[0] http://www.eng.it/ricerca/intro.dot?com.dotmarketing.htmlpage.language=1
[1] http://ocean-project.eu/
[2]
http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/occi-wg/repository/revisions/master/show/tests
<http://redmine.ogf.org/git/standards/infrastructure-area/occi-wg.git>
[3]
http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/occi-wg/repository/revisions/7155871001951b0e6c2d10f5619a9569e49f68d0

Gabriele Giammatteo

Research and Development Laboratory
Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
Via Riccardo Morandi, 32 00148 Roma - Italy
www.eng.it

email: gabriele.giammatteo at eng.it
   mob: +39 338 8506 202
   tel: +39 06 8307 4031
skype: gabriele.giammatteo

                 Respect the environment. Please don't print
                      this e-mail unless you really need to.