[occi-wg] Dedicated call on OCCI and Monitoring

Augusto Ciuffoletti augusto at di.unipi.it
Wed Apr 10 06:16:17 EDT 2013

I re-read the "collector centric" revision and I found that the absence of
a resource (i.e. an accountable entity) in a configuration that was
considered as typical was not a good idea. However, the simplification of
the simplest case was clearly desirable.

So I slightly modified the model: the CollectorSet mixin has been moved
from the Collector to the Sensor. So that now the sensor describes how the
metrics are published. I modified the label of the CollectorSet to
PublisherSet for consistency.

In the new model the simplest case is now "one collector + one sensor".
There are less constraints that must be implemented (which means lower
computatonal cost), compared to both recent models (the one presented
during the confcall and the collector centric one labelled with "Focus on
single stage").

The new version of the doc has been checked out on the repo (monitoring
branch), and can be downloaded using the direct link:
http://redmine.ogf.org/projects/occi-wg/repository/revisions/monitoring/raw/monitoring/OCCI_monitoring.pdf

The typo on the presentation (that is now slightly obsolete) has been
fixed. I will revise it soon to make adherent to the doc.

Augusto