[occi-wg] Notes on monitoring call

Augusto Ciuffoletti augusto at di.unipi.it
Tue Apr 2 12:10:00 EDT 2013

Hi all,

here following is a short memo I did for myself about last call. I can add
further points, if needed: please let me know.

Subtyping vs Collection: in the document the collection is used to denote a
subtyping relationship between mixins: this is inconsistent with sect.
4.4.8 in the core document (collection is for instances). Use
subtyping/related as defined in 4.4.4 in the core document. Add a statement
about this in the doc.

The simplest case has an interest since it models existing cases (like
Cloudwatch). Maybe I will add an appendix with the figures illustrated in
the paper, but avoiding volatile references.

I did not reply to a question about how to browse a mixin sub-type. There
is one bug: AggregatorSet instead of "Computetool" in the "POST". In fact
the example is incomplete in that respect, and an example should be added
to the document. Although conceptually clear, the exact format for a query
is not explicit in the documents I know. Basically this is a GET with a
filter: my guess is the following.

> GET /-/monitoring/aggregatorset HTTP/1.1
> term = "threshold"

Not very powerful, but probably good for the task. Right?

Bye

Augusto

--
Augusto Ciuffoletti