[occi-wg] OCCI-Monitoring paper

Augusto Ciuffoletti augusto at di.unipi.it
Thu Sep 20 16:53:48 EDT 2012

Hi all,

enclosed you find the 7 pages paper about OCCI-Monitoring.

While working at the OCCI-SLA/Monitoring draft, I realized that the whole
issue was too much for a single document. The reason to modularize it is
the same as for modularizing software: in a word, monolithic is bad.

So I tried to describe monitoring in OCCI terms: there is a section that
explains how this model interacts with the SLA, and with infrastructure
resources, and the interface between them is sufficiently small to claim
that the modularization was successful.

My suggestion for managing the collaboration on this paper (whose source is
in LaTeX, but that I send you as a pdf) is by email and annotations: there
are many free tools that enable to annotate a pdf. I suggest "xournal" or
"okular", that are supported by many platforms. You can annotate and send
me the file that contains the annotations (.xoj for xournal). If you send
your annotations to the list others --- using the appropriate tool --- can
see your annotations. There are LaTeX collaboration platforms, but I think
they are not useful at this stage.

Augusto