[occi-wg] Core errata

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Mon Sep 3 16:17:55 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Michael Behrens
<michael.behrens at r2ad.com> wrote:
> Thanks - reading now...looks good.
> Quick note: Recommend removal of GDF-P-R.183 from header to avoid reader
> confusion, as the number would change and this is now a draft, right?

Since the changes are normative, the document number will have to
change (which means the doc has to go through public review again).

Before submitting the document, please make sure that all open 'core'
issues are addressed - I don't think it is a good idea to have new
spec versions too often.

Best, Andre.

> Also, line 126: change "Attribute describe" to "The Attribute type
> describes"
>

> Ralf Nyren wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I have update the Core document to include the changes discussed on the
> last few confcalls.
>
> The LaTeX changes are available from the core-errata branch in the occi-wg
> Git repository. Please find a compiled document attached.
>

> Add a Attribute type to the Core Model
> --------------------------------------
>
> Many who have implemented the OCCI Core model already added an Attribute
> type. This change formalise the notion of "attribute properties".
>
> Instead of just saying an attribute have a name, an attribute now has its
> on Attribute type with both name an properties.
>
> The new Attribute type is an *identifier* for resource attributes. It does
> not contain the attribute value. I.e. just as before.
>
> A distinction has been added between "client discoverable attributes"
> (called OCCI Attributes) and attributes internal to the model (called model
> attributes). occi.core.id, occi.core.source and occi.core.target have been
> changed back to the model attributes they were until shortly before HTTP
> Rendering was released. These are determined to be model attributes and
> thus receive special care in renderings.
>

> Change Action to inherit Category
>
> The concept of Action representing the "invocable operation" itself is
> removed. Instead an Action is just an *identifier* of the operation.
>
> An Action instance identifies an invocable operation in much the same
> way as a Kind instance identifies an Entity sub-type.
>
> Impact on the existing HTTP Rendering (occi/1.1) is none. In fact the
> text/ renderings already use "type=action" in its Category headers.
>
> regards, Ralf

Nothing is really difficult...