[occi-wg] Today's confcall, items to the agenda

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Tue Oct 2 05:57:25 EDT 2012

Hi,

I would like to add the following items to the agenda.

Split of Rendering into Protocol & Data Format
Where to describe this separation in the documents?

OCCI Core?
The preamble (include/introduction.tex) included in all documents?

Pagination
----------
Is the JSON rendering ready for pagination?

If we follow the OpenStack approach to pagination (in the future version
of the HTTP rendering doc) almost everything can go into the HTTP request
parameters. All good.

However, the ability for a client to distinguish between a full collection
response and a partial paginated response is IMO still unresolved.

Adding a "total collection size" item in the JSON response is one
solution. Another solution is for the client to ask an extra request to see
if there is more data to retrieve.

Action invocation
-----------------
Since the JSON payload is designed to be usable with multiple transport
protocols I think it is important that you always can determine what a
certain JSON payload corresponds to.

How do you distinguish between an Action invocation and a discovery
interface response?

If the payload contains an "action" object it is an invocation. If the
payload contains an "actions" (plural) it is a discovery response.

So, IMO it works as it is but the difference is indeed subtle.

Attribute properties
Have you all looked at the Attribute type in OCCI Core errata? Is
everything there now?

I remember Florian talked about an optional "description" property. Should
we add that as well?

regards, Ralf