[occi-wg] OCCI implementation for Synnefo IaaS

John Giannelos johngian at grnet.gr
Mon May 21 09:03:51 EDT 2012

Dear OCCI members,

I would like to make an announcement about a new OCCI implementation.
Here in GRNET [1] we are currently developing an API translation proxy
in order Synnefo [2], our IaaS cloud management software to be
compatible with OCCI specifications. Synnefo can be seen in action,
powering the ~okeanos service, at http://okeanos.grnet.gr. ~okeanos aims
to deliver advanced IaaS for the Greek academic and research community.
Some resources about our work regarding OCCI can be found here [3].

*About snf-occi*

snf-occi implements an API bridge between OCCI and OpenStack APIs using
the kamaki [4] client library and associated CLI tool to translate
between interfaces. So far, the Compute part of the implementation has
been completed, with Network and Storage support soon to follow.

We hope snf-occi will prove helpful for other OpenStack-compatible
projects to gain interoperability with OCCI, with little (or no) changes
to our initial work.

I would also like to know whether it will be possible to make our
project public in occi-wg blog for people who may be interested but are
not subscribed to this mailing list.

Thanks,
The ~okeanos team!

[1] http://www.grnet.gr