[occi-wg] Resource & OS templates retrieving

Feldhaus, Florian florian.feldhaus at gwdg.de
Mon May 7 07:00:43 EDT 2012

Hi John,

that's great news! Do you intend to make your OCCI implementation open source? If so, is there a repository where we can check out your code?

Regarding your question:
All categories can be queried through the discovery interface by using
GET /-/
Unfortunately, the OCCI HTTP Rendering specification is not very clear on the filtering:
"If one or multiple Categories are provided in the request the server MUST only return the complete rendering of the requested Kinds or Mixins."

If you interpret custom resource or OS templates as being derived from the resource or OS template category, then you can interpret the specification as follows:
"If one or multiple Categories are provided in the request the server MUST only return the complete rendering of the requested Kinds, Mixins or Kinds and Mixins related to them."

As we are currently in the process of revising the OCCI HTTP Rendering specification it would be a good idea to incorporate the above in it!

Cheers,
Florian