[occi-wg] JSON Rendering

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Thu May 3 04:10:31 EDT 2012

Looks like Florian commited a work-in-progress version. There are still
content from the previous version which has not been updated. The media
type of the discovery interface serialization for example.

I would find it easier to read if we described the serialization of each
OCCI type (Kind, Mixin, Resource, Link, Action) in a separate subsection
for each one.

Then a final section could described the actual JSON format sent on the
wire which is a combination of the serialization of the OCCI types. It
would follow the same pattern as how the HTTP doc uses ABNF to describe the
individual headers and then shows how they are put together.

For the JSON example structures it would be nice to drop the example
content and just write the JSON type in italics. Instead of:
 "title": "My example title",
just specify:
 "title": *string*
(where *xxx* means italic)

This way it would be very clear what part of the JSON is static keywords
and what is variable content.

regards, Ralf

On Wed, 02 May 2012 23:25:08 -0400, Michael Behrens
<michael.behrens at r2ad.com> wrote:
> In reviewing the latest sent out...here a few nit-noids...which Gary may
> have already corrected....
>
> -    In section 5.1, I see two JSON examples....looks like a second one
> starts on line 113.  Perhaps a description of the second one would help
> separate the two. Or am I reading it
> wrong?
> -    in that JSON, there are some extra spaces showing up after "http:
".