[occi-wg] Message Queue on OCCI

Srba, Maik maik.srba at gwdg.de
Mon Jul 30 03:32:40 EDT 2012

Dear all,

we currently think about expanding OCCI so it supports a message queue between client and service provider.
Our project contains simulation services in the cloud. For this we need a communication between
client and simulation services. In one case it will be used to transmit control commands
and receive status changes. Inside our project, we use RabbitMQ for messaging between
client and simulation services, and among the different simulation service components.

If this message queue would be part of an OCCI implementation, we could realize our management tasks for
cloud simulation services via OCCI.

It would be very nice to hear if somebody has already thought about this or could help collect ideas on
how such an OCCI Extension could look like.

Cheers,
Maik

GWDG - Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche
Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen
Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Göttingen
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Ramin Yahyapour
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Christian Griesinger
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Göttingen
Registergericht: Göttingen
Handelsregister-Nr. B 598
WWW: www.gwdg.de