[occi-wg] Sessions at OGF 34

florian.feldhaus at tu-dortmund.de florian.feldhaus at tu-dortmund.de
Wed Jan 25 11:28:53 EST 2012

OGF 34 is approaching and I finally found the time to request a BoF
session to start a new Cloud Interoperability group. I would like to
invite all of you and everyone you know who might be interested to join
the session and help start the CI-WG. Besides that, I would be glad to
help organize some OCCI sessions at OGF 34. Who will be able to attend?
What could be the topics for the sessions?

The summary for the CI-WG session is:
Interoperability in Cloud Computing is of increasing importance. Several
cloud standards have emerged in recent years and implementations for them
are starting to show up. Customers and providers interested in using the
standards are requiring best-practise documents for using or implementing
the different standards and also rely on information how they can combine
multiple standards.
This BoF session will present current challenges in Cloud Interoperability
and aims at collecting ideas, approaches and experience in this area as
starting point for a new Cloud Interoperability Working Group.
This group shall also serve as a forum for engagement with other standards
organizations and exploration of interoperability of OGF cloud standards
work, and of software based on that work, with standards and software from
other organizations.

The agenda for the CI-WG session is:
* Introduction to cloud standardization
* Overview of current challenges in cloud interoperability
* Collecting ideas, approaches and experience in this area as starting
point for a new Cloud Interoperability Working Group.
* Survey of existing plug-fests and other interoperability points of
contact
* Collaboration with other organizations

Cheers,
Florian