[occi-wg] Preliminary JSON rendering draft, discussion material

florian.feldhaus at tu-dortmund.de florian.feldhaus at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Jan 19 07:58:55 EST 2012

Ok, Ralf convinced me with the comment, that it'll be made clear to the
client, that the collections may not be the same. Then pagination is just
a handy way to get large numbers of collections, but not necessarily all
entities.

The OpenStack approach looks interesting. If understand it correctly, then
they use the "marker" to specify the ID of an element. The IDs are whole
numbers and not UUIDs like in OCCI. Thus it may be a problem to directly
map it to OCCI as UUIDs are not incremental. I would suggest, that we use
the approach suggested by Ralf, but maybe expect the server to sort the
entities by create time in descending order, as is specified for OpenStack.

How do we proceed with the document? Is it available somewhere? Can I edit
it? How do we coordinate finnishing the JSON rendering? Is the
json_rendering.tex in the OCCI SVN (see [1]) the latest version? Should I
/ we update that document?

Cheers,
Florian

[1]
https://forge.ogf.org/integration/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/json_rendering.
tex?root=occi-wg&rev=491&system=exsy1001&view=log